Friday 21 January 2011

Kneeding a break?

It's been a long day. Even more so when you consider I've not really had that much to do. Came home, called in at the grandparents, came home, went to the doctors' surgery, came home again...

But there was some news from the day that made it all worthwhile. 22 months after a serious knee injury, I practically got the all clear to go hell for leather into each and every tackle. The instability I perceived to be in my left knee came about as a result of a loose collateral ligament, rather than any real damage. No cruciate problems, no cartilage floating around, nothing.

Hopefully, after a little bit of physiotherapy, my knee will be back to what it was before I dislocated it. But it's certainly a load off my mind; the next time I go into a challenge I won't have the worry in the back of my mind that my knee will destroy itself in the collision. So I no longer have an excuse for bottling a tackle.

But I'm pleased to be, for want of a better phrase, 'fit again'.

No comments:

Post a Comment